Public Involvement and Engagement Committee
The PIEC focuses on enhancing the quality of the research undertaken within Fuse through promoting the depth and means of involvement of the public and communities.
The work of the PIEC includes acting as a resource to provide public involvement expertise to Fuse, developing links to wider networks of public involvement groups and liaising with other research bodies such as the School for Public Health Research (SPHR), the North East and North Cumbria Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) and the North of England Commissioning Support (NECS) Unit.
The Committee is chaired by Susan Carr, Professor of Public Health Research in the Faculty of Health & Life Sciences at Northumbria University and Fuse Associate Director, who provides overall leadership for public engagement within Fuse and the Centre’s membership of SPHR.
Membership of the Public Involvement and Engagement Committee
- Susan Carr, Fuse Associate Director (Chair), Northumbria University
- Emma Adams, NIHR SPHR Research Fellow, Newcastle University
- Christina Cooper, Postgraduate Research Associate, Northumbria University
- Lesley Haley, AskFuse Research Associate, Teesside University
- Victoria McGowan, Research Associate, Newcastle University
- Stephanie Morris, Postgraduate Research Associate, Durham University
- Claire O’Malley, Research Associate, Teesside University
- Lesley Scott, Senior Lecturer, University of Sunderland
- Felicity Shenton, Public Involvement and Community Engagement Manager, NIHR Applied Research Collaboration North East & North Cumbria
- Laura Ritson, Fuse Manager, Newcastle University
- Ruth Wilson, Senior Fuse Administrator, Newcastle University
- Cheryl Wiscombe, Fuse Administrator, Newcastle University
- Mark Welford (when required), Fuse Communications Officer, Teesside University