Physical Activity Workshops
Fuse Physical Activity Workshop
- Venue: Zoom video conference platform
- Start: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 10:00:00 GMT
- End: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:00:00 GMT
The role of nature in increasing physical activity, improving health and reducing inequalities
The Fuse Physical Activity Group is delighted to welcome keynote speaker Dr Lewis Elliott from the University of Exeter to this Workshop. Dr Elliott is a Lecturer in Environment and Human Health at the European Centre for Environment and Human Health (ECEHH).
Using examples from his own research as well as wider literature, Dr Elliott will present a critical overview of how the natural environment can play a role in influencing the practice and experience of physical activity. He will cover the topic from four perspectives:
- the role that natural environments can play in getting physically active
- how physical activity in natural environments can provide additional health benefits compared to other environments
- how nature improvement/creation interventions attempt to increase physical activity and why they have limited success, and
- how we can promote physical activity in natural environments to people who are less active.
Following this presentation, we will also hear from speakers in practice and policy covering green social prescribing, forest schools and community asset approaches to using outdoor spaces.
This event will be recorded and presentations available here shortly afterwards